Arve Barsnes wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Dec 2023 at 09:28, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Anyone see a way to fix this?  It's getting old seeing this every week
>> when I try to do my updates and it may be blocking other updates as well.
> Take a look at everything Jigme wrote, but the easy fix seems to
> disable USE="ffmpeg" on the opencascade package. What that does to
> your use of that package is outside of my knowledge.
>
> Regards,
> Arve

I've done a emerge -C opencascade before to get it to move on a bit.
Thing is, it pulls it back in and usually downgrades ffmpeg.  I use
Kicad on occasion and that is what pulls in opencascade.  I don't know
if it will affect Kicad or not but for now, I disabled the ffmpeg USE
flag for opencascade.  When I did that, it gives a better output.  It's
rebuilding quite a few packages but if it will allow emerge to upgrade
everything else, I'm fine with it.

>From what I've read so far, opencascade wants a older ffmpeg than
everything else I have installed.  It looks like opencascade needs to
upgrade its code to work with newer ffmpeg.  If I understand it correctly.

Thanks to you and Jigme, and Wols, for the replies.  I'll know in a bit
how this works.  See what it does after it finishes.

Dale

:-)  :-)