On 12/16/23 20:00, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
On 17/12/2023 01:54, the...@sys-concept.com wrote:
But the scary thing is I don't know what fix it and running as user: alsamixer
still does not allow me to save default sound card
I select with F6.

You don't set a "default sound card" with F6. All that does is simply allow you
to see the mixer controls of a different sound card.

You set your default sound card by using your desktop environment audio
settings. In KDE, I click on the speaker tray icon and there I can select my
default sound card and default microphone:

   https://i.imgur.com/Lz3Bfyk.png

Surely there's something similar in the desktop environment you're using.

If I remember correctly, running
alsamixer - allows you select certain cards, ESC exits

alsactl store  - would write the setting to a file, under user it would be ~/.asoundrc   (I could
be wrong).  But in my case "alsactl store" doesn't do anything, It opens
"master" setting single bar setting.

Next time I would open "alsamixer" it would open on the last card I was
viewing.  I was long line since I played with these setting, so I could be wrong.

I'm using XFCE but did not emerge any special packages for sound control.