On 2/18/24 03:35, Walter Dnes wrote:
On Sat, Feb 17, 2024 at 08:21:42PM -0500, Walter Dnes wrote
   Regardless of the above, the monitor does not blank after 10 minutes
(i.e. 600 seconds).  If I run "xset dpms force off" from xterm (both as
local user and as root), the display goes dark... for approximately 1
second... and then returns to normal.
   So I turned the monitor off with the physical switch, took a nap, and
turned it on when I got up.  Now the blanking works again.  Cue the
Microsoft support jokes.  What gives???
At least you have a power switch.  (something about uphill both ways?)  I recently bought a pair of reconditioned 27" Acer 2K monitors, and they do not have a physical power switch.  I have also not found an "off" in the on-screen controls.  They do go blank for power saving, but they take about three seconds to wake up again.