On 2/26/24 04:57, gentoo-u...@krasauskas.dev wrote:
You could also write a script that keeps all the distros up to date
from within whichever one you're currently booted by mounting
subvolumes to /mnt or wherever, chrooting in and running the update.

To avoid grub not being able to point to a newly updated kernel on one of the OS's installed, I use a "custom.cfg" file in all my /boot/grub/ directories for each OS where the "linix" and "initrd" point to the symbolic links of the kernel and init files which point to the newly updated files on most major distributions like ubuntu, arch, suse, and debian. The name of the symbolic links stay the same over upgrades. It works great when using UUID to identify the partition that has root and I can always boot into any of the OS's installed no matter which one hijacked the MBR.

https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=315584