Peter Humphrey wrote:
> On Monday, 29 April 2024 16:11:31 BST Dale wrote:
>
>> Only bad side of IPv6, it's a lot of typing for all that.  o_O
> There's a worse aspect: you have to undersand what you're doing. Or you can
> just tell your firewall not to allow any IPv6 packets in or out at all.

When I said a lot of typing, I was thinking about if one has to use IPv6
to ssh into a rig.  As it is here, ssh dale@10.0.0.6 is it.  Now replace
that IP with a IPv6 address.  I'm hoping for a copy and paste option or
tab completion would be nice.  Let's not even get into the increased
odds of a typo.  After all, one wrong character, no worky.  :/

Given that we running out of IPv4 tho, IPv6 it is.  Something had to
change.  I guess IPv6 was the best long term option.  Still, gonna be a
head scratcher for some of us.

Dale

:-)  :-)