I am installing gentoo to a different disk on the machine and the
install-x86_64-minimal disk is not fit for purpose since I cannot get
espeak reading the screen as I go through an installation.
Most things are pointed at /mnt/gentoo on my system when doing commands.
However in lines where proc is mounted in the handbook a line test -L
/dev/shm  && rm /dev/shm && mkdir /dev/shm
appears.  This likely effects the machine until the next boot and has no
effect on /mnt/gentoo.
Is this a relic for those installing from install-x86_64-minimal disks and
only applies to them?
I'm not doing any of the slave entries since I figure to install with
openrc not systemd.

--
 Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com>
 soap, ballot, jury, and ammo.