Hello, Gentoo.

I performed a portage update today, and at the end it informed me I had
to deal with /etc/bash/bashrc.  This file's standard version has changed,
and I have apparently made changes in my own copy.

But the new file from portage bears no resemblance to my existing
version.  It is just 32 lines long compared to the existing file of 111
lines.  The existing file does things like setting up PS1 and colours,
the new one doesn't seem to.

My main problem is that I don't know which parts of the existing bashrc
are my changes (which I'd want to keep) and which parts were the standard
bashrc (which I can allow to be superseded by the new version).

I think portage is at fault here - it should retain the older standard
version of /etc/bash/bashrc so that users can resolve the differences
with a 3-way diff.

Right now, I have a problem.  Is there any convenient way I can get the
older standard file contents back again, so as to be able to do this
3-way diff?

Or any other suggestions?

Thanks!

--