Hi there,

I just tried to prepare my new laptop for UFEI+secureboot by creating a single
unified kernel image including kernel,initrd,microcode,etc.
NB: The partition layout has a vfat/Efi partition and a luks encrypted lvm
container holding SYS(Root), Data(home) and swap.

I added uki and ukify use flags to installkernel and systemd, checked the
configuration again and configured the kernel by emerge --config sys-kernel/
gentoo-kernel.

Bulding the kernel image seems to work fine, the log messages say its creating
a initrd using dracut, creating a efi file, signing it properly and even
installs it under /boot/efi/EFI/Linux.

When booting it, it loads the kernel and then seems to get stuck:

Timed out waiting for device /dev/gpt-auto-root
Dependency failed for File System Check in /dev/gpt-auto-root
Dependency failed for Root Partition
Dependency failed for Initrd Root File System
Dependency failed for Initrd Mountpoints Configured in the Real Root
Dependency failed for Initrd Root Device

Then it ends up in an emergency shell.

There's a log in /run/initramfs/rdsosreport.txt, which reveals that it does
not find my encrypted lvm partition (LUKS encrypted lvm container holding SYS,
DATA, SWAP, etc), which obviously needs to be setup first. Seems like some boot
parameter is missing.

Checking systemd's USE flags: Relevant flags lvm + cryptsetup + boot +
secureboot use flags are set

To me it looks like as if its missing information which partition to use for
decrypting/mounting, and which lvm volume to use as real-root.

Is this a dracut configuration? A systemd configruation? An installkernel
configuration? Something else?

Thanks
        Alex