Howdy,

I got the new Nvidia Quadro P1000 video card in the other day.  I got it
installed.  I was using the nouveau drivers in the kernel.  They weren't
up to the task.  The display was slow and the mouse pointer was also
slow to respond and jerky like.  So, I downloaded and installed the
Nvidia drivers and the response is hugely better.  I expected those to
include the drivers needed for the fan and temp sensors but it appears
not.  When I boot a kernel with the nouveau drivers, running sensors
prints the fan and temp data for the video card.  I know the card
supports this, haven't seen a video card in ages that doesn't tho.  So,
what drivers do I need in the kernel to support the temp and fan data?
I've enabled everything Nvidia I can find so it must be called something
else and searching isn't helping any.  Part of kernel config.

I2C Hardware Bus support

 <*> AMD 756/766/768/8111 and nVidia nForce
 < >   SMBus multiplexing on the Tyan S4882
 <*> AMD 8111
 <*> AMD MP2 PCIe
 <*> Intel 82801 (ICH/PCH)
 <*> Intel SCH SMBus 1.0
 <*> Intel iSMT SMBus Controller
 <*> Intel PIIX4 and compatible (ATI/AMD/Serverworks/Broadcom/SMSC)
 <*> Nvidia nForce2, nForce3 and nForce4
 < >   SMBus multiplexing on the Tyan S4985
 <*> NVIDIA GPU I2C controller
 <*> VIA VT82C586B
 <*> VIA VT82C596/82C686/82xx and CX700/VX8xx/VX900
        *** ACPI drivers ***
 <*> SMBus Control Method Interface

I'm up to half a dozen attempts at building a kernel to find the right
driver.  I've also searched the Nvidia website and searched but nothing
says the name of the drivers needed.  Maybe I'm missing something else.
Oh, I also tried a slightly older Nvidia driver just to see if it was
maybe a bug in the newer version.  No help.  Also, when I start the GUI
and open the Nvidia software, it doesn't show the temp and fan info
either.  It's just blank.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

Dale

:-)  :-)