Peter Humphrey wrote:
> On Monday, 29 July 2024 16:10:10 BST Mark Knecht wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 29, 2024 at 6:42 AM Peter Humphrey <pe...@prh.myzen.co.uk>
>>
>> wrote:
>> scripting

>>> No, I don't suspend or hibernate here; I'll try Matt's suggestion and
>> follow
>>
>>> it with 'sudo reboot'.
>>>
>>> Thank you both.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>> Peter.
>> Or possibly sudo shutdown -h now?
> Yes. The bit I needed was getting KDE to exit gracefully instead of being
> killed blindly.

I've ran into this a time or two here.  I'll do a upgrade but for some
reason, KDE won't log itself out on its own.  I guess some package got
out of sync or something.  I end up going to a console and doing things
the manual way.  When I do that, I get the desktop I had when I logged
out the previous time since that is what was saved.

Given the regular logout process doesn't work, this command line way may
not either but I'm hoping to remember it and give it a try.  If it will
work over ssh, maybe it will work when on the system itself.  I had no
idea there was a command line way to logout.  Looking at help info, it
has a lot of options.

I still don't like this small version of a keyboard.  I like the size of
the old Dell Quietkey from my old rig.  It's old, PS/2 and all but it
fits my fingers better.  I can't find a reasonably priced replacement.
They all seem to be smaller.  How does one type on these little
things???  I get lots of typos.

Dale

:-)  :-)