Am Sat, Aug 03, 2024 at 12:15:55PM -0500 schrieb Dale:

> >> :-)  :-)
> > There is Seamonkey documentation, but there are loads of how to's for
> > Mozilla
> > products.  If Seamonkey is mostly the same as Firefox/Thunderbird, you can
> > take look at the Thunderbird resources to find out how to set up Seamonkey
> > behave as you want it.
>
> Well, what I'd like to do, install a email program that fetches the
> emails and then stores them on my system.  Then I can have Thunderbird
> or any other email program connect to that and view, create, send or
> whatever emails.

So you want an IMAP server, then?

> Thing is, setting up the first program is complicated.

Indee-diddly-doo.
What I do: sync mail from my main IMAP account to a local maildir structure
using offlineimap. Then I can access it with mutt or any other program that
speaks maildir, read it, move it around, delete it. Those actions are
applied to the server by offlineimap as well. I use mutt for that most of
the time.

I also use KMail as graphical mail client, but that is completely separate
from the offlineimap-mutt setup and it uses its own offline cache.

Sending mail away is set up individually in each client (mutt/kmail) and
they talk to my provider’s SMTP directly.

This setup has limited flexibility in that you need to sync manually. A
local imap server would allow for many clients to talk to it at the same
time in real-time. But I don’t see this as a requirement for you since you
only have one client, basically.

--
Grüße | Greetings | Salut | Qapla’
Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.

Feed your children garlic, then you will find them in the dark.