Richard Fish wrote:

On 11/9/05, Michael Shaw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi all,

I just tried to install Gentoo 2005.1 on a computer with one 9GB SCSI.
When booting, I get the following error:

Block device /dev/sda3 is not a valid root device
The root block device is unspecified or not detected

Most likely you need to reconfigure and rebuild your kernel with SCSI
disk support and the driver for your SCSI controller compiled into the
kernel, not as a module (=Y, not =M).

-Richard

Thanks. I'll trt it. Have to wait for an opportunity to reboot the machine to see how well it works

Mike