On 11/11/05, Michael Crute <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 11/11/05, Mark Knecht <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >    In an regular email I get from Apple a number of characters show up
> > as little boxes that say "00 93" and "00 94". In the following quote
> > the quotes at 'launching' and the quote at the end are bad until I
> > paste it into GMail which seems to take care of it. The two quotes at
> > the beginning are fine.
> >
> > In "Hands-on with Aperture," David Schloss (pdnonline) offers a fairly
> > detailed overview of the application Apple expects to ship later this
> > month. Aperture, says Schloss, is "launching out of the gate with more
> > features and functionality than anything else to date. With Aperture,
> > Apple has the ability to bring a whole new level of sophistication to
> > the post-production market place."
> >
> > 1) This is a font issue, right?
> >
> > 2) If so, how do I determine what Apple's HTML is looking for?
> >
> > 3) Generally, what fonts do folks load to get the best results on this
> stuff?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mark
> >

> I ran into this same issue only for me it was with Asian characters. I
> re-compiled X with the cjk (multi-byte characters) use flag and everything
> works perfectly now. I would try that first (even though re-compiling X is a
> long painful process).
>
> -Mike

Hi Mike,
   Tried it but no success. I'm still getting the little 2 character things.

   Here's how I did the xorg emerge. I wonder about the font server?
Did you emerge with that option?

lightning ~ # emerge -pv xorg-x11

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[ebuild   R   ] x11-base/xorg-x11-6.8.2-r6  (-3dfx) (-3dnow)
+bitmap-fonts +cjk -debug -dlloader -dmx -doc -font-server
-insecure-drivers +ipv6 -minimal (-mmx) +nls -nocxx +opengl +pam -sdk
(-sse) -static +truetype-fonts +type1-fonts (-uclibc) -xprint +xv 0 kB

Total size of downloads: 0 kB
lightning ~ #

Thanks,
Mark