On Sat, Nov 12, 2005 at 06:56:46PM -0600, Harry Putnam wrote:
> Do you mean to bock every address on the internet?  I'm not following
> you hear.  Further I don't see an option to block ip addresses in the
> blocking section at all.  Only by keywords.

Yes, the netgear will do it. My crappy netgear router will, so your
much higher end machines will too.

> Are we looking at the same router?
> (here is it FVS318)
> I see:
>
> # Security Logs
> # Block Sites
> # Block Service

This is the one. Block service allow you to specify which LOCAL ip
addresses you want to limit the service for.

Just set up static ip for machines 3-5 (or DHCP with fixed ip
addresses for those machines based on hardware address). Set the
blocking schedule to always. For ALL services you find in the list,
supply the ips for those three machines.

"The last time anybody made a list of the top hundred
character attributes of New Yorkers, common sense snuck in
at number 79. ....
When it's fall in New York, the air smells as if someone's
been frying goats in it, and if you are keen to breathe the
best plan is to open a window and stick your head in a
building."

- Nuff said??
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 20:10