On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 11:21:00 +1000, Alan E. Davis wrote:

> I think this is a step in the right direction. However, does this apply
> to 32 bit binaries one might wish to install from an RPM, for example,
> or a DEB file, from a 32 bit dist?

Normally you just install those as normal. 32 bit binaries usually run
on AMD64 without modification. For example, I have openoffice-bin,
firefox-bin and vmware-workstation, all 32 bit packages, running on this
amd64 box.

The chroot is only needed if you want to build 32 bit binaries.

--
Neil Bothwick

Why is there an expiration date on sour cream?