Csányi András schreef:
> 2005/11/15, El Nino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
>> dear friends,
>>
>> what is the best p2p (Gnutella support) client for linux? --
>

> IMHO the best is MLDONKEY

Not if you've ever used aMule--- but El Nino asked for a p2p client with
*Gnutella support* so I see your point.

However, the Donkey client on MlDonkey is so close to death (you'll get
errors from servers that refuse to connect, saying that your client is
too old please update, even if you have the most recent 'free' version--
it took me *ages* to figure out that this essentially meant 'switch to
aMule, you dope!'), that one might as well just use a dedicated Gnutella
client rather than something like mldonkey, which is supposed to support
multiple networks, but didn't seem to in fact do so (didn't try gnutella
support, but I couldn't get the torrent support to work at all, meaning
that mldonkey accepted torrents for download, but could not connect to
trackers or clients), and whose 'native' network seems to have reached
its eol.

In this case, multi-protocol clients do not seem to be preferable to
multiple clients, each one dedicated to whatever network you use.

Holly