Hi,
My screen resolution outside of X is 720x400. I don't know in which
file this is set and i want to change it because whenever splash
starts it tries to load 720x400.cfg file. I've tried to change it on
grub.conf file but nothing happens, it always switches back to
720x400. I've tried these in grub.conf file just to be sure that
resolution works:

kernel /kernel-2.6.14-gentoo-r2 root=/dev/hda4 vga=ask
- The scan result returned a maximum resolution of 132x60

kernel /kernel-2.6.14-gentoo-r2 root=/dev/hda4 video=vesafb:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
- It switches to 720x400 (for all video=vesafb:resolutions)

In kernel I've enabled these:
Device Drivers
-> Graphics Support
   ->  <*>Support for frame buffer devices