Zhang Weiwu wrote:

after a few test it looks obvious OO on gentoo suffer from the samiliar
problem as oo on Windows (sorry to mension Windows again). On my gentoo
there is only one printer installed on cups that is a LaserJet. Later I
discovered all PS files I provided are grayscale, and there is no
possibility to switch to color. On one other gentoo computer the PS
output is colorful thanks to the color printer installed.

This is not perfect but nevertheless I managed to make PS files. I only
need to take the ODT file to my another gentoo computer who has color
printer and make the PS, this is much simpler then asking Windows user
for help.

Certainly I could share my color printer. Is there an even better
(perfect) way?

You shouldn't need a physical printer attached in order to configure a "dummy"
postscript color printer driver for cups.

Zac