Harry Putnam schreef:

> I still don't see the actual error there and it was the output of:
>
> revdep-rebuild -nc  2>&1|tee revdep.log
>
> revdep.log is what I posted online.

Richard Fish replied with the specific issue about half an hour ago:

> Richard Fish schreef:
>
> Ok, now we are going to need to see the output of emerge --info,
> because for some reason your toolchain thinks it is cross-compiling:
>

>> checking whether the C compiler (gcc -O2 -march=pentium4
>> -fomit-frame-pointer  -L/usr/X11R6/lib -ltiff -L/usr/lib) works...
>>  yes checking whether the C compiler (gcc -O2 -march=pentium4
>> -fomit-frame-pointer  -L/usr/X11R6/lib -ltiff -L/usr/lib) is a
>> cross-compiler... yes

The problem occurs with the very first compile

configure: error: can not run test program while cross compiling
  ...done!

... so the problem is definitely somewhere in your toolchain, rather
than anything to do with either revdep-rebuild or the specific programs
attempting to be rebuilt.

Posting emerge info is a good starting point to troubleshoot this
(unless you already happen to know why this is occurring, that's also
possible).

Holly