I have also a P4 + HT and I want to use it to. Have you tried the
CONFIG_SUSPEND_SMP parameter. I will try it this evening.

Cheers
Uwe

Robin Atwood wrote:
On Monday 28 November 2005 17:36, Uwe Klosa wrote:

No they did not. I've got a compile error.

But I have a solution for my problem. In my kernel config SMP was activated
- has always been. But in the current kernels suspend2 depends on (!SMP ||
SUSPEND_SMP). After I changed that - I deactivated SMP for now - SUSPEND2

I have had the exact same experience. The point is I have a P4 3.2 GHz + HT processor and want to use the SMP support, as well as suspend. This worked in 2.6.12 so it's a patching error, right?

Cheers...
-Robin,
begin:vcard
fn:Uwe Klosa
n:Klosa;Uwe
org:Uppsala University;Electronic Publishing Centre
adr:;;;Uppsala;;75120;Sweden
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel;work:+46 (0)18 471 7658
url:http://publications.uu.se/epcentre