Greeting,

I am trying to get my USB2 external 200 gig ext2fs formated hard drive
to mount in Gentoo.

Below is my configuration:
Linux yodo 2.6.11-gentoo-r3 #1 Sat Oct 1 17:38:42 CDT 2005 i686 AMD
Duron(tm) Processor  AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

mount
/dev/hda3 on / type ext2 (rw,noatime)
none on /proc type proc (rw)
none on /sys type sysfs (rw)
none on /dev type devfs (rw)
none on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)
none on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
none on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)

eepro100.c:v1.09j-t 9/29/99 Donald Becker http://www.scyld.com/network/eepro100.
html

I have tried emerging coldplug and rebooting and i am able to
successfully mount the drive as /dev/sda1, but the coldplug causes my
network card to not work (can't even ping).
emerge coldplug
rc-update add coldplug default

Could someone give me some advice on a different approach to mounting
this device or give me a suggestion to fix my networking issue? Please
email me directly as, I do not receive emails from the list.

Thanks,

Brian