Thanks for the response, but ..... :-)

Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:

>Hi,
>try removing the config and menurc in ~/.xmms,

Actually, I removed the whole ~/.xmms directory after the fresh install.

>Did you use any visual plugins?

I have the blursk and blur-scope plugins installed, but they are disabled.

I don't know if this means anything, but I did notice a message when
xmms and its dependencies were installing - something about that I
should run aclocal.

I tried running aclocal and I got this message:

aclocal-1.9: `configure.ac' or `configure.in' is required

I'm at a loss as to what this means.

I *do* have a 'configure.ac' in the /usr/share/libtool/libltdl/ directory.

Take care,

Colleen