On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 03:17:18 -0600, Dale wrote:

> Neil Bothwick wrote:
>
> >>I use kdm and can select what version of KDE I want to login to.  I
> >>also used that to select between KDE, Gnome, IceWM etc when I was
> >>testing the waters.  Just thought you would like to know that.  Kept
> >>me from having to edit rc.conf to pick what GUI I wanted to use.
> >>

> >rc.conf doesn't set the GUI you use, it only sets which display manager
> >is run. The display manager is then used to choose the window manager.
> >

> Then what does this mean?

> According to that you can tell it KDE and what version.  I'm confused
> again.  Don't worry, it's normal, for me anyway.

Sorry, my reply was a bit confusing. I was referring to the
DISPLAYMANAGER setting and assumed you were, since you use kdm. If you
set the use of gdm or kdm in DISPLAYMANAGER then XSESSION is ignored, so
each user chooses their window manager when they log in. XSESSION is only
used with xdm or startx.

--
Neil Bothwick

If you think the problem is bad now, just wait until we've solved it.