On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 09:30:35 -0600, Harry Putnam wrote:

> I want to  influence how vim is compiled.  I'm told I need a compile
> option called: xterm_clipboard.  How do I tell emerge to enable that
> at compile time?
>
> I've been told its done with USE flags but it still isn't clear to mw
> how the details work
>
> I'm still not sure what emerge output really means when you run a
> pretend install and various flags are displayed with + or minus

Those are the flags used by this package, the +/- indicating whether they
are set or unset.

>   root # emerge -v -p -uD vim
>
>   These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
>
>   Calculating dependencies ...done!
>   [ebuild N ] app-editors/vim-6.4 -acl -bash-completion -cscope +gpm
>   -minimal +nls +perl +python -ruby -vim-with-x 4,752 kB
>
> Does it mean that the flags displayed are the only ones I can adjust?

Yes, and the one you want to set is vim-with-x

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]$ grep vim-with-x /usr/portage/profiles/use.*desc
/usr/portage/profiles/use.local.desc:app-editors/vim:vim-with-x - Link console
vim against X11 libraries to enable title and clipboard features in xterm

--
Neil Bothwick

... "I just forgot to increment the counter," Tom said, nonplussed.