Yoandy Rodriguez wrote:

>>[ebuild  N    ] gnome-extra/evolution-data-server-1.2.3  -debug -doc -ipv6
>>-kerberos -ldap -mozilla -nntp +ssl 13,821 kB
>>[ebuild  N    ] app-office/openoffice-2.0.0  +curl +eds -gnome -gtk -java
>>+kde -ldap -mozilla -nas +xml2 +zlib 210,553 kB
>>==============================
>>USE="aac avi ffmpeg gif -gnome -gtk -ipv6 kde live mp3 nls nptl nptlonly
>>nsplugin ooo-kde ppds qt quicktime real usb vorbis win32codecs"
>>==============================
>>

>As you can see your problem with gnome comes from evolution-data-server
>(lot of gnome in this) so if you want to get rid of it just remove
>evolution data server support by adding a "-eds" to your use flags or
>just do
>#echo "=app-office/openoffice-2.0.0 -eds" >> \
>/etc/portage/package.keywords

I've been wondering why that gets pulled in on my rig.  I did a emerge
depends and it said nothing depended on it then installed it anyway.

I like this list thing.  Some of them go over my head but I learn
something from some of them too.

Now to go change my USE line.

Dale
:-)

--
To err is human, I'm most certainly human.