On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 15:39:00 +0100, Andres Becerra Sandoval wrote:

> What I want to do is to generate this file everyday with a crontab
> entry like this:
>
> 45 6 * * * /usr/bin/glsa-check -l new > /tmp/`date +%F`.glsa
>
> The problem is that this is not working, it works in the shell, but it
> doesn't works from cron. If anybody can enlight me, I would appreciate
> it.

It is probably the redirection screwing things up, but you don't need it
with cron. As long as you have cron configured to mail its output to you,
you only need

45 6 * * * /usr/bin/glsa-check -l new

or, as I prefer to only see the effects on installed packages

45 6 * * * /usr/bin/glsa-check -t all

--
Neil Bothwick

When there's a will, I want to be in it.