On Mon, 5 Dec 2005, Christoph Eckert wrote:

What am I missing to get USB working on my laptop? Any suggestions?

Is hotplug running? It should handle all module loading stuff for you.

This is what /etc/init.d/hotplug says:

# nothing here anymore. Please use the coldplug package if you really
# want to
# load modules for devices that are discovered by your kernel before
# init runs.
#
# However, please realize that if you have any problems, the developers
# recommend just using the modules.autoload functionality to handle this
# in a
# much simpler manner.
#

Is that true? No more hotplug? That doesn't seem right, especially given
your comment. Is it possible I have an old version of the hotplug
script?