Richard Fish wrote:
You can check both.  The ldd output of a binary shows the complete
dependancy tree.  You can then check individual libraries.  The
following script should identify the 'offender':

for x in `ldd /usr/kde/3.5/bin/kview | awk '{ print $3}' | grep lib` ; do
  echo $x
  ldd $x
changed this to ldd $x | grep libstdc++.so.5
  read
done

Just press "enter" to move from one library to the next...

Thanks!

This shows me that kview and some of it's libraries link to libstdc++.so.5. Or am I missreading the display (libstdc++.so.5 shows up both for kview and some of the libs)?

I not back to the former question should kview link directly to libstdc++.so.5 at all?

--
Naga