On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 18:43:57 -0800, Grant wrote:

> Hello, I've been recompiling my system with gcc 3.4 and utilizing
> emerge --resume.  The last time I used emerge --resume it started
> emerging firefox and said "1 of 3".  The next time I checked on it,
> firefox had emerged successfully but the process then stopped.  I ran
> emerge --resume again and it started emerging firefox again and again
> said "1 of 3".  Is this a bug?

If the emerge process stopped at Firefox instead of continuing with the
next, the Firefox emerge did not complete successfully. That's why resume
is starting it again.

Use emerge --resume --skipfirst to emerge the rest of the outstanding
packages, then emerge Firefox again with logging enabled - set
PORT_LOGDIR in make.conf.

--
Neil Bothwick

I like you. You remind me of when I was young and stupid.