On Dec 5, 2005, at 2:34 pm, Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman wrote:

Stroller wrote:
to authenticate against the domain controller everytime the user logs on
to their email?

You have many approaches, each of them with specific complications:

3) PAM_LDAP and use courier with authpam: May probe useful. It certainly did a couple of years ago for me.

From <http://www.networkcomputing.com/1305/1305ws12.html> I'm reading that:

   Finally, we need to add users to both the Linux server and the
   Windows domain.  Here lies an obvious deficiency with this
   solution.  We have provided an enterprise-scalable authentication
   mechanism but not an enterprise-scalable account-management
   mechanism.

Is this really the case, please? I had just decided that PAM was the way to go for me until I read this.

Stroller