cucu ionut cristian wrote:

tryng to install various aplications that wore not in portage found the
folowing error: bad interpreter: Permission denied
As I remeber i got this error tring to install luminocity and now e17
modules; concrete: trying moon from e17 tar xfvz and then ./autogen.sh
gives me: bash: ./autogen.sh: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: Permision denied
i'm doing sh ./autogen.sh and then sh ./autogen.sh
Running aclocal...
Running autoheader...
Running autoconf...
Running libtoolize...
Running automake...
./autogen.sh: ./configure: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: Permission denied
Again same thing doing it as root so what to do?
I've had a similar error when trying to run scripts with DOS line endings. Open ./configure in vi and see if it says [dos] on the status line and if it does type :set fileformat=unix and save. Probably not this though, the error I get from this is:

./test.sh
: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

Eugene.