On 12/12/05, Catalin Trifu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>      Hi,
>
>      The cgi-bin in /var/www/localhost will server the scripts; in the
>  httpd.conf /cgi-bin/ is aliased to that particular directory, so everything
>  u put in there will be available at http://localhost/cgi-bin/
>      There are two scripts in there by default printenv and test-cgi. Point
> u'r
>  browser to http://localhost/cgi-bin/printenv and u should
> see something.
>  If not, then there is something wrong with u'r setup.
>
>  Catalin
>

>  Nick Smith wrote:
>  how do you install a cgi script in apache when the cgi-bin folder is
> outside of the document root like is the default for gentoo? ive tried
> a symlink and that doesnt seem to work, this is my first cgi script so
> im not exactly sure how to install it. this is for the courier
> webadmin program, it has to be in cgi-bin running on the webserver.
>
> thanks
>
> Nick
> --
> Linux, because I'd rather own a free OS than steal one that's not
> worth paying for.

i get this in my logs when i try to access that.

[Mon Dec 12 19:35:00 2005] [error] [client 192.168.0.6] (13)Permission
denied: exec of '/var/www/localhost/cgi-bin/printenv' failed
[Mon Dec 12 19:35:00 2005] [error] [client 192.168.0.6] Premature end
of script headers: printenv

i have set the ownership of the entire www dir to apache:apache and it
still didnt work.

i have this in my http.conf file:

<Directory "/var/www/localhost/cgi-bin/">
    AllowOverride None
    Options ExecCGI
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /var/www/localhost/cgi-bin/

what could be wrong?