On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 09:21:02PM -0800, Penguin Lover maxim wexler squawked:
> > > something like that. I notice, also that Ctrl-A,
> > X, V
> > > have no effect but I can move between pages using
> > Alt
> > > and the arrow keys. Is there some way to activate
> > > those dead keys without having to install all the
> > > usual X stuff.
> >
> > It works on my box. Can you give more info?
>
> Well, emerge -pv links reveals that -javascript was
> used. I'll do it again, this time preceded by
> USE="javascript" and report back if that fails.
>
> BTW, same problem w/ my gmail acct.

in my experience, gmail degrades really well with browsers. I was
pleasantly surprised that it works with both links and lynx (of
course, links presented a much better layout).

My working copy of links:

[12:48 AM]wwong ~ $ emerge -pv links

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[ebuild     U ] www-client/links-2.1_pre19 [2.1_pre18] +X -directfb -fbcon +gpm
-javascript +jpeg -livecd +png +ssl +svga +tiff +unicode 3,754 kB

Hum, I might have figured out what your problem is.

I just tried to access YahooGroups with my account, and like you, after
loggin in, it tells me that the refresh doesn't work, and bumps me to
the front page.

But if I hit ^R to reload the front page, it now shows me as logged in.
I think the problem is that the websites are sending refresh command that
links doesn't understand. And when you manually try to click the link
given, it assumes it was the same page (same address, you visited just
10 seconds ago), so loads it from cache.

HTH,

I always took a cup of tea with me to chemistry class,
and I know Dr. Pearshall won't mind, because she is
British.
   ~S
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 30 days, 22:08