Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 18:04:56 +0200
Mike Kenny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Dec 13 15:56:00 getafix slapd[7156]: bdb(dc=inzanix,dc=com): illegal flag specified to txn_begin Dec 13 15:56:00 getafix slapd[7156]: bdb_txn_get: BerkeleyDB 4.2.52 library needs TXN patch!
Dec 13 15:56:00 getafix slapd[7156]: conn=0 op=1 RESULT tag=97 err=49 text=

I know this is not specifically a gentoo issue, more LDAP or OX, but I then followed the reference to a required patch on the second last line of messages. I wanted to check what versions of bdb were available, but
[... only found one...]

As it's clearly LDAP which is complaining here, it would be interesting
- if that's actually the OpenLDAP compiled on your Gentoo, and if yes,
- what a re-emerge of OpenLDAP causes and
- what USE flags you're using for OpenLDAP

-hwh
I'll run an emerge on it and see what the results are. My USE flags are default. Which in /etc/make.conf are: USE="-X -alsa -oss -gif -mad -gpm -gnome -motif -mikmod -encode -kde -apm -nls -arts -avi -bitmap-fonts -cups -foomaticdb -gtk -gtk2 -ipv6 -jpeg -mpeg -oggvorbis -opengl -pdflib -png -qt -quicktime -readline -sdl -truetype -xmms -xv apache2 nptl ssl pam ssh"
Is there somewhere else I should check for these flags?

--
mike kenny
Linux Registered User #381724

"Hell, there are no rules here, we're just trying to accomplish something"
                                                       Thomas Edison