On (16/12/05 10:57), Bill Roberts wrote:
> When I try to upgrade to the latest stable version of CUPS, portage trys to
> drag in X windows.
>
> I'm not sure if this is caused by the changes happening in preparation for
> the new version of xorg, or perhaps changes in the cups ebuild, which has
> seen some changes in USE variables.
>
> I meandered around b.g.o for a while, but did't find anything relevant.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Bill Roberts
Hi,
Did the same (cups upgrade) yesterday.
New cups wanted to install two additional packages - xpdf & motif.
In my case "xpdf" had "motif X" as USE-flags, so it wanted to emerge motif too,
i have X.
In your case it's X.
Removed "motif" with "-motif" in package.use.
Check xpdf's USE flags and put "-X" for xpdf in package.use.
HTH.Rumen