On 12/16/05, Tom Eastman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is there a tool that will allow me to find *all* files that aren't owned
> by any package, so that I can then decide what to do with them?

It should be fairly simple to generate such a list.  You can generate
a list of all regular files that are owned by an installed package
with something like:

cd /var/db/pkg; find . -name CONTENTS -exec cat {} \; | grep ^obj |
awk '{print $2}' | sort

And then a list of all regular files on your system with:

find / -type f | grep -v -e "^/home" -e "^/tmp" -e "^/var/db" -e
"^/var/tmp" | sort

Then you just have to diff the two lists to find things that are not
owned by a package...

-Richard