On 12/22/05, daniel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sadly, the same effect.  The drive isn't even making any noise.  It's hard to
> be sure anything is happening at all, but I'm guessing that the long wait
> before the error is the process of writing to the end of the tape.

Sorry, I misread your original message....there is no problem with the
block size...

As I recall, "Unit Attention" from a tape drive means hardware
failure.  This could be as simple as needing to be cleaned, or putting
the wrong type of media in it.  You _do_ have DLT1 tapes, right (and
not SDLT or DLTIV)?

Other than that, maybe you got a bad drive...

-Richard