On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 00:12:41 -0600, Dale wrote:

> I have a rig that I need to free up some space on the hard drive.  I
> want to remove KDE completely.  Naturally doing a emerge unmerge kde
> does not get the job done.  What is a easy way to do this?

If you installed the kde meta-package, then all other kde packages will
be installed as dependencies of that, so you can remove them with

emerge -C kde
emerge -a depclean

You can list all installed kde packages with

qpkg -g kde-base
or
equery list | grep kde-base

but removing them all is a bad idea, some of them, like kdelibs, may
also be dependencies pf packages that are not part of kde-base.

You could also add -kde to USE and do emerge -uavDN world, to make sure
any packages compiled with optional KDE support (and dependencies) have
it removed.

--
Neil Bothwick

Mac screen message: "Like, dude, something went wrong."