I'm trying to setup my PDA and it just refuses to sync.  Using
pilot-xfer I will get a cannot bind to port error:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $ until [ -e /dev/pilot ]; do sleep 1; done;  pilot-xfer\ -l
   No $PILOTPORT specified and no -p <port> given.
   Defaulting to '/dev/pilot'

   Unable to bind to port: /dev/pilot
   Please use --help for more information

I'm not sure where to go from here.  I've read several howtos, and have
not gotten anywhere beyond this.  Most things with gentoo have `just
worked' though I'm not sure why this is posing a problem.  Any help
would be apreciated.  Thank you for your time.

                                                        Jessica