On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 16:08:02 -0600
Michael Sullivan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is there a way to find out what each device node is connected to
> hardwarewise?  I'm wonderine if /dev/video0 is NOT the correct device
> for my tv card, and if one of the other sixty-three /dev/video* nodes,
> but I don't want to have to go through each individual one.  Is there an
> easier way?

I'm guessing you're running devfs?  Thus every node in the world.
If not, and you really are running udev, then edit /etc/conf.d/rc and
change - RC_DEVICE_TARBALL="yes" to "no" and reboot.  That should
clear out all the useless nodes.

Have you tried /dev/video1?

 Also, do all nodes exists in /dev/v4l?  If I were running MythTV,
I'd have select one of the modes from -
chi rsanders # ls -l /dev/v4l
total 0
crw-rw----  1 root video 81,  64 Dec 30 06:57 radio0
crw-rw----  1 root video 81,  65 Dec 30 06:57 radio1
crw-rw----  1 root video 81, 224 Dec 30 06:57 vbi0
crw-rw----  1 root video 81, 228 Dec 30 06:57 vbi4
crw-rw----  1 root video 81, 232 Dec 30 06:57 vbi8
crw-rw----  1 root video 81,   0 Dec 30 06:57 video0
crw-rw----  1 root video 81,  16 Dec 30 06:57 video16
crw-rw----  1 root video 81,  24 Dec 30 06:57 video24
crw-rw----  1 root video 81,  32 Dec 30 06:57 video32
crw-rw----  1 root video 81,  48 Dec 30 06:57 video48

According to xawdecode -h,

 -c video device
              video4linux video device. For devfs enabled systems, default  is
              /dev/v4l/video  or /dev/v4l/video0, in that order. For non devfs
              systems,  default  is   /dev/video   or   /dev/video/video0   or
              /dev/video0, in that order.  Note that on /proc enabled systems,
              video device detection is automagic.

Bob
-