On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 16:57:18 +0530, Abhay Kedia wrote:

> Ah...you are right. The files did get opened but that error pop (and
> that too twice) is quite annoying. I even tried to rename kate to
> kate.bin and created a script with name kate which calls kate.bin with
> --use option but that also gives the same error.

I tried a slightly different approach, leaving kate alone and creating a
file called mykate

#!/bin/sh
kate --use $* &>/dev/null &

I set the text/plain file type to call this with only %U as an argument,
and it works without annoying messages.

> I don't quite understand what made KDE developers withdraw such an
> excellent feature. God knows what goes in developers mind *sigh*

It baffles me.

--
Neil Bothwick

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.