On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 20:44:05 +0000 (UTC)
James <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Kind of a strange request, but I have been given a work assignment
> that forces me to keep many documents in .doc format. If I have a dir
> full of these, but I use to lp/lpr style printing, how do I print a
> passel of .doc files without going into OO to load and print each one
> individually?
>
> Command line of a simple script will do, but googling has produced
> nothing. I did not find anything under KDE to acheive this, but, my
> searching for a KDE method is, well lacking....
>
> ideas?

app-text/wv might be usable -- it can convert docs to PDF or
postscript. If the quality isn't that great (I've never tried it) or
the documents are quite complex, I think you're going to have to find a
way to do it from within OpenOffice.

--
Tom Martin, http://dev.gentoo.org/~slarti
AMD64, net-mail, shell-tools, vim, recruiters