Thanks! I've read the manual and then tried different umask options.
Umask=222 seems the most reasonable for what I need.  I noticed that the
different subdirectories and files automatically inherit the allocated
NTFS partition access rights.  Is this how umask in fstab works
(recursively)?

On a hypothetical case where you want to give different access rights to
all/some subdorectories & files, do you have to set these individually
the first time after mounting the partition, use ACL's, or what else?

Sorry if my questions appear silly - I've always been confused by this
topic and its different permutations.
--
Regards,
Mick