After you get X to start with the vnc module as you have, you just use a
vnc viewing program (RealVNC is common). I typically connect to this
system from another Windows box on the LAN but I have done Linux to
Linux (vncviewer) with a system several states away. There's also a way
to set a password but I forget how I did that. I remember setting it as
root since the X server starts as root. There a command that comes with
the client portion of vnc, I think. Poke around.

To others reading this thread, only the newer branch of the vnc project
(version 4, I think) has the vnc server module support. Looking at
things, I see that version 4 is now marked stable (it wasn't when I
installed it on two systems).

Just a word of caution, if you connect to your own box you'll probably
end up with some wacky stuff when you move your mouse, etc. It took me a
while to understand that this is actually the mirror in a mirror issue.
Once I connected from another system, things looked better :)

--
Statux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>