Hi Richard,
on Wednesday, 2006-01-11 at 18:22:37, you wrote:
> I think it is important to note that these names were not invented by
> the Gentoo devs working the ebuilds....they are straight from the
> x.org project's distribution [1].

Ah, OK, thanks for clarifying that! After reading their glossary I still
don't really understand their nomenclature, but if that's how they want
the packages to be named it's certainly a good idea to adhere to that
scheme.

cheers!
        Matthias
--
I prefer encrypted and signed messages. KeyID: FAC37665
Fingerprint: 8C16 3F0A A6FC DF0D 19B0  8DEF 48D9 1700 FAC3 7665