[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Which one are you looking at?  I have the 2005FPW (the 20"
> widescreen).  I got a great deal on it by watching hot-deals.org
> everyday until there was a sale and an Internet coupon.  I upgraded
> from a 19" nonflat CRT.

The 2005FPW is the one I'm considering.  Dell has 20% off til Jan 18.

Question: Does the screen have a matt finish or glossy.  I dislike that
etched matt finish; I think it decreases the brightness and sharpness.

> I certainly don't regret buying it at all.  I'd just recommend
> thinking through what kind of apps you regularly use, and how they'd
> be affected running at 1680x1050.  For me, the main thing I wanted
> was the ability to run a terminal right next to Firefox without
> resorting to a tiny resolution.  And now I have that :)

I have a LinuxCertified laptop with a 17" widescreen at 1680x1050.  I
like it and haven't noticed any problems.

Sounds great!  Thanks a lot.

Tony

   -- Benjamin Franklin