Hi,

(up late I see :)

On Mon, 2006-01-16 at 00:46 +0100, Holly Bostick wrote:
> Iain Buchanan schreef:
> > Hi,
> >
> > So, I unmerged netscape-flash, deleted any macromedia directories or
> > stale flash plugins lying around, and reinstalled netscape-flash.
> >
> > When I go to http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/welcome/ I get the
> > firefox message "Additional plugins are required to display all the
> > media on this page."
> >
> > Now what?  netscape-flash is the right ebuild for firefox isn't it?
>
> Yes, apparently it is, I have no problems with Flash that I'm aware of.
[snip]
> equery belongs libflashplayer.so
> [ Searching for file(s) libflashplayer.so in *... ]
> net-www/netscape-flash-7.0.61 (/opt/netscape/plugins/libflashplayer.so)
> net-www/netscape-flash-7.0.61
> (/usr/lib/nsbrowser/plugins/libflashplayer.so ->
> /opt/netscape/plugins/libflashplayer.so)

> I do almost feel that I may have had to make that symlink myself though.
> It's so long ago I don't remember anymore.

hmm,

$ ls -al /usr/lib/nsbrowser/plugins/libflashplayer.so
/usr/lib/nsbrowser/plugins/libflashplayer.so ->
/opt/netscape/plugins/libflashplayer.so

the symlink is already there...

> Hope this helps somewhat (at least you know it can work)

kind of :) it _was_ working once apon a time...  I have the same version
of flash also... what version of firefox are you running?

thanks,

* TwingyAFK is shopping for 17" flat panel
* aav sells TwingyAFK a piece of plywood