On 17 January 2006 11:50, Chris Ong wrote:
> Hi All,
>       Is there anyway to stop unauthorized or unwanted DHCP server to
> broadcast within a network?
>
>       Say, I have a DHCP server is distributing 172.30.10.0/24 IP range, but
> a joker simply plug in another DHCP server and distributing
> 192.168.12.0/24 IP. Is there anyway I can stop the unwanted DHCP broadcast?

Since the "joker" reprents a social problem it needs a social solution: Find
and silence him! ;-)

Alright, more seriously. Do you use managed switches? If so, there are several
ways depending on your switches' capabilities. Allow DHCP only from *your*
server. Disable his port altogether.

Uwe

--
Unix is sexy: