On Tuesday 17 January 2006 20:23, Dale wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I have got my new install done up to the point that I can get into a GUI,
> even though the nvidia drivers won't load.  Anyway, I want to connect to
> the net with my serial modem but there are no devices for it to connect
> with.
>
> Here's my first problem.  I looked in my /dev folder and the file is there
> and it points to /dev/tts/1 but it points back to /dev/ttyS1 which points
> back to /dev/tts/1.  This is a endless loop that needless to say is not
> working.

< snip >

> Thanks for the help.  I can see light at the end of the tunnel now.  I just
> hope I can send email when I get my modem to work.
>
> Dale
>
> :-)

OK.  I just deleted the things and rebooted.  It works now, the modem anyway.

For those who was following my thread about not being able to send email.  I
can open Mozilla just fine on the new install.  I can NOT send a email except
to those on my local ISP.  Ain't that some crap.  All this for nothing.

I'm hitting up a new thread again I guess.  Look for it shortly after this
post.

Thanks

Dale
:-)