On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 15:36:53 -0000, Michael Kintzios wrote:

> Also it doesn't remove the source distpackages, or the lib/modules for
> the particular kernel version.  There may be a script lurking somewhere
> in the forums, but I remove these manually out of habit.

Removing the source tarballs for older kernel installs may not be a good
idea, as it could be the same tarball as for the current kernel.

I clean out old kernel versions with this script, that leaves the last
two.

#!/bin/bash

# clean /lib/modules
cd /lib/modules
ls -1 | head -n -2 | xargs rm -fr

# clean /boot
mount /boot
cd /boot
ls -1 config-* | head -n -2 | while read f; do
        mv $f oldconfigs/
        done

ls -1 System.map-* | head -n -2 | xargs rm -f
ls -1 vmlinuz-* | head -n -2 | xargs rm -f

# clean /usr/src
cd /usr/src
ls -1d linux-* | head -n -2 | xargs rm -fr
/usr/local/bin/qpkg -d -v -nc gentoo-sources | head -n -2 | xargs emerge
--unmerge

umount /boot

--
Neil Bothwick

Headline: "Explosion At Sperm Bank, Nurses Overcome"